We recommend that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click here
or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location number 05-0981.
CAR RENTAL COLLISION COVERAGE (OPTIONAL UPGRADE)
You are eligible for benefits up to the Maximum Limit, subject to the deductible, as indicated in Your Schedule if You rent a vehicle while on a Trip and the vehicle is damaged due to collision, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail or flood, while in Your possession.
The Company will pay the lesser of:
- (a) the cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the vehicle is being repaired; or
- (b) the Actual Cash Value of the vehicle.
The Company will pay this benefit up to the Maximum Limit and subject to the Deductible shown in the Schedule.
Coverage is provided to You and Your Traveling Companion, provided You and Your Traveling Companion are licensed drivers and are listed on the rental agreement.
Coverage does not apply in countries or states where the sale of this insurance is prohibited by law.
The following limitations and exclusions apply to Car Rental Collision Coverage:
Coverage is not provided in whole or in part for any loss to, or due to:
- (a) the Insured or his/her Traveling Companion violating the rental agreement;
- (b) rentals of trucks, (not including jeeps or SUV's), campers, trailers, off road vehicles, motor bikes, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, or Exotic Vehicles;
- (c) any obligation the Insured or his or her Traveling Companion assumes under any agreement except insurance collision deductible;
- (d) failure to report the Loss to the proper local authorities (when loss exceeds $100) and the rental car company;
- (e) damage to any other vehicle, structure, or person as a result of a covered Loss;
- (f) participation in contests of speed, motor sport or motor racing including training or practice for the same;
- (g) driving under the influence of alcohol;
- (h) being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician;
- (i) war or act of war, whether declared or not, the Insured's participation in a civil disorder, riot or insurrection;
- (j) Injury sustained while committing or attempting to commit a crime.
Car Rental Collision Coverage Proof of Loss:
- take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
- report the Loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
- obtain all information on any other party involved in a traffic accident, such as name, address, insurance information, and driver's license number; and
- provide the Travel Insurance Administrator all documentation such as rental agreement, police report, and damage estimate.
Travel Insurance is underwritten by, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. W20