TRAVELEX RENTAL CAR DAMAGE BENEFITS
If you rent a car while on your Covered Trip and the car is damaged due to collision, theft, vandalism, windstorm, fire, hail, flood or any cause not in your control while in your possession, or the car is stolen while in your possession and not recovered, we will pay you the lesser of: a) the cost of repairs and rental charges imposed by the rental company while the car is being repaired; or b) the Actual Cash Value of the car, up to the amount shown on the Schedule. Coverage is provided to you and your Traveling Companion, provided you and your Traveling Companion are licensed drivers, and are listed on the rental agreement. This coverage is primary to other forms of insurance or indemnity.
Coverage is not provided for loss due to:
- Any obligation of you or Travel Companion assume under any agreement (except insurance collision deductible).
- Rentals of campers, trailers, off-road or motor bikes motorcycles, recreational vehicles or Exotic Vehicles.
- Any loss which occurs if you or Travel Companion are in violation of the rental agreement.
- Failure to report the loss to the proper local authorities and the rental car company.
- Damage to any other vehicle, structure or person as a result of a covered loss.
Your Duties In The Event of a Loss:
- Take all reasonable, necessary steps to protect the vehicle and prevent further damage to it;
- Report the loss to the appropriate local authorities and the rental company as soon as possible;
- Obtain all information on any other party involved in an Accident, such as name, address, insurance information and driver's license number;
- Provide us all documentation such as rental agreement, policy report and damage estimate.
Above rates are for the principle driver and include all travel protection benefits in addition to the car rental coverage of the deductibles including $500 in trip interruption; $500 loss baggage & $100.00 baggage delay; $15,000.00 emergency accident or emergency sickness medical expenses and $100,000.00 medical evacuation/repatriation; $200,000.00 flight accident coverage and a maximum of $35,000 rental car damage protection for a maximum of 30 day rental; Concierge service and assistance available 24 hours 7 day a week.
Additional drivers or travelers can also be covered in above policy (without cancellation coverage) for the following rates:
COSTS FOR SECOND DRIVER OR ADDITIONAL TRAVELERS ON SAME TRANSPORTATION POLICY:
An $8.00 processing fee per policy (not per person) does apply and is additional to the above costs.
This travel protection does NOT include cancellation coverage however full coverage including trip
cancellation insurance is available. You can use this link for a quotation based on the cost of your trip
and the ages of the travelers. http://www.travelexinsurance.com/index.aspx?location=05-0981&go=bp
This is a brief description of the benefits, for complete policy details please review the full Description of
In order to reserve you can send us an email with the date of birth of each driver or traveler to be
covered or follow this link to complete the enrollment form yourself: http://www.travelexinsurance.com/index.aspx?location=05-0981&go=pstb
If you want the lower cost coverage particular for the vehicle, select the Travel Basic Protection Plan without Trip Cancellation